You might have got several factors responsible for your poor sleep at night. This can be from work stress, worries and family responsibilities. While you might not be able to control the factors that interfere with your sleep, you can adopt habits that encourage better sleep. Start with these simple tips.
1.The recommended time for sleep is seven to eight hours. You must ensure that you sleep and wake at the same time consistently so as to regulate your sleep clock to help you achieve quality sleep.
2. Create time to sleep, if you can’t sleep within minutes leave your bedroom and do something relaxing like. Read or listen to soothing music after which you can go back to bed.
4. Avoid taking heavy meals at bedtime. Stay away from caffeinated and alcoholic drinks including beverages as this can alter your cycle and make it difficult to sleep.
5. Create an ideal cool, dark room comfortable for sleeping. Avoid sleeping on sofas at night with television on.
6.Exposure to light might make it more challenging to fall asleep. Avoid prolonged use of light-emitting screens just before bedtime.
7. You should consider using room-darkening shades, earplugs, a fan or other devices to create an environment that suits your needs during bedtime.
8. Practicing calming activities before bedtime, such as taking a bath or using relaxation techniques helps to promote better sleep a great deal.
9. Wear the right clothes to bed guarantees quality sleep. Good sleep clothes makes you comfortable in bed especially when they are clean. Light clothes are good when the weather is hot while thick bed clothes are used during cold seasons.
10. If you find it difficult to sleep often at night,avoid taking naps especially in the afternoon.Power napping may help you get through the day, but if you find that you can’t fall asleep at bedtime, eliminating even short catnaps may help.
11. Regular mild to moderate physical activity can promote better sleep. Avoid doing this close to bedtime as this can cause muscle fatigue making sleep difficult.
12. Try to resolve your worries or concerns before bedtime. Jot down those outstanding tasks you are yet to do, set priorities and delegate tasks. Practice Meditation which also eases anxiety.