Men’s involvement in antenatal care is very essential to the well being of pregnant women and their unborn child.Do you know that certain things you do when your wife is pregnant actually contributes to state of health of the mother and the unborn child?
I get bothered and feel sad seeing men showing no concern to their pregnant wife or fail to adjust to some temporary changes.
It takes just 9 months, not like its forever. Pregnancy is not bought in the market, neither is it software downloaded from Google play store or App world. It’s a seed planted by us men and is germinating. There has to be a carrier of that seed while it grows, and women have been given the responsibility to carry it.
Pregnancy is preparation to welcome a new member into the family.
Pregnancy is a journey fun filled, amazing etc.
Women differ in body changes. Although Pregnancy makes women do certain things in common.
■Once in a while she would nag
■Once in a while she would request for things unimaginable e.g she wants to eat okro and bread, that sounded funny.
■Once in a while she would get so lazy to make you your meals, you have to understand.
■Once in a while she would want to stretch her legs on your laps. Please pardon her… carrying the baby is not easy.
Her needs may be tend to be difficult to satisfy at times.
The first Trimester of the journey can be so annoying. Like I say women differ from each other during pregnancy.
●While most women are busy vomiting.
●Most of them sleep like water leaf, they sleep off anywhere with the slightest chance even in the kitchen.
●While most women have fever.
●Most women are looking cranky and dry like Dustin powder.
●While most women add up weight.
●Some even go round with White handkerchief spitting in it. All these are still our work…..
Please let us try our best tolerate it since it’s not forever, it’s beautiful afterwards.
Her attitude becomes annoying; most times you can’t stand her. But I get annoyed when I see men like me neglect their pregnant wife. She’s not an abomination, neither is she a curse. I must say, it’s not an easy journey for all.
The last Trimester is when we need to be extra patient, loving, enduring and understanding.
Since Men’s involvement in antenatal care is very essential to the well being of pregnant women and their unborn child.It is important as a man to make sure to do the following:
1) Ask her regularly how she feels and how the baby is. She’s the carrier so she feels him/her move.
2) Don’t be upset if she ever wakes you up by 2am to help massage her feet. We need to feel little of her discomfort and pain. She shouldn’t carry it alone, it’s our baby,we need to carry it together. (I don’t mean physical carriage though).
3) Always observe your wife’s feet while pregnant, it swells often. Please give her a basin of water to soak her leg once in a while; it’s one of the best treat women enjoy during pregnancy.
4) Tell her how beautiful she looks during pregnancy e.g ” Honey see as the pregnancy make you fine, I will be impregnating you every month ooo” or even “is it my child that makes you fresh like this pass normal” Even if she has grown bigger in size cause of the pregnancy, celebrate her.
5) No rule book stopped sex during pregnancy; in short it’s the best sef…. do it. It’s not like the vagina stopped working during pregnancy. o boy continue the work that brings the pregnancy.
6) Don’t be ashamed to take her out. Take her out once in a while to those lovie dovie places you used to go together even before you marry her.
Most times I wonder what crosses the heart of men when they see their pregnant wives. Carrying a child for 9 months isn’t easy.
I urge all men to get closer to their spouses during pregnancy because that’s one of the times she needs you most.