Belly fat is a deposit of fat cells around the lower abdomen. It can be seen both in men and women of any age. It has become one of the major problems we find difficult to get rid of. There have been a lot of measures like sit-ups, press-ups, starvation and surgery put in place to get rid of this fat around the abdomen but all these efforts have proved abortive. Some nutritionists say skipping breakfast is one way to get belly fat while others attributed belly fat to consumption of high carbohydrate foods. here are simple steps you can follow to get your belly size back to what you expect it to be;
- Don’t skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets your body up in motion. The most common nutritional mistake many people make is by starving or skipping breakfast. When you skip your breakfast, this reduces metabolism in your body making you eat more than necessary when you eventually eat. This causes the breakdown of these foods for immediate energy converting the rest to fat.
- Eat balanced meals: Healthy balanced meals are good for you as they help to provide all that your body needs in the required amounts to prevent belly fat. Ensure that your food combinations include adequate quantity of fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating processed foods, instead eat whole foods.
- Eat more protein: To reduce belly fat, consumption of protein-rich foods is your surest bet. Proteins increases metabolism in the body serving as an energy source for longer periods than high consumption of carbohydrates thus preventing fat deposit. examples of protein-rich foods are; meat, poultry foods, beans, eggs, milk, soya bean, groundnuts and fish.
- Consume good fats: I know some of you will consider it rather ridiculous to get rid of belly fat while consuming more fats. Fats are not all bad, there are some fat that can be consumed to reduce help reduce belly fat such as fish oil, olive oil. Avoid consumption of trans fatty acid such as margarine fats and fried foods.
- Exercises: Much effort is concentrated on burning belly fat through sit-up and press up exercises. These exercises are good as they only strengthen stomach muscles, alter posture and cause low back pain but won’t burn belly fat. Strength training can however build muscle mass and aid belly fat loss. This training involves the following; keep your lower back upright from the back and abs from the front. Both muscles will work hard during heavy squats & dead-lifts at keeping you from collapsing under the weight. The squats & dead-lifts allow you to stress your body with heavy weights, working all your muscles from head to toe. This helps to make your abdominal muscle wall stronger.
- Consider a high fibre diet: high fibre diet helps to control your eating habit as it gives a feeling of fullness and satiety. it ensures that your feeding frequency is reduced to a limited number. Fibre helps you eat less which also prevents you from gaining belly fat.
Finally, it is important to practice all these measures to as to get the results that you seek. Keeping to the exercise schedule and dietary plan to cut down on belly fat. It will do you a whole lot of good than you can imagine.