November 17, 2017
Congenital Disorders; How to prevent birth defects
Comments are off for this post.
Muscle pain or Myalgia, are very common in the body. Almost everybody experiences discomfort in their muscles at some point this is because there is muscle tissue in nearly all parts of the body, this kind of pain can be felt practically anywhere in the body. Muscle pain also can involve ligaments, tendons, and fascia.
Muscle pain can be a constant, dull ache, or a sharp, sporadic ach. Muscle pain can originates in any of the muscles in the body. Muscle pain may arise due to injury or over-exertion, infections of the soft tissues, or inflammatory conditions.
Muscle pain is often related to tension, overuse, or muscle injury from exercise or physically demanding work. The pain tends to involve specific muscles and starts during or just after the activity. It is often obvious which activity is causing the pain.
People who experience muscle pain can easily point out the causes. The most common causes of muscle pain are tension in one or more areas of the body, stress, overuse and minor injuries. Other includes:
This includes the following
If your muscle pain is caused by tension or physical activity, take these measures to reduce your risk of developing muscle pain in the future:
(1) Most muscle pain can be treated at home. With reference to the Mayo Clinic, minor muscle strains can be treated with rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE):
(2) Also, you can manage pain and inflammation by taking over-the-counter antibiotics pain relief medication like aspirin or ibuprofen. Do not give aspirin to anyone below 18 years
(3) Antidepressants; these are used to treat depression and pain in adults
(4) Corticosteriods; these help by reducing inflammation in the body
(5) Nacrotics: (The cental nervous system (CNS) is a way for the brain to send messages to our body in a quick manner, many nacrotic analgesic work by blocking these messages; such as morphine sulfate and oxycodone.
Article by eDokita Team
Chemocare (2016) Medications for muscle pain
Mayo clinic, (2016) Causes of muscle pain
Medicinenet (2016) Introduction and symptoms of muscle pain
Sharecare (2016) Complication of Muscle Pain
Web MD (2016) Treatment of muscle pain